So, you are thinking about renting out your home, and you do not know if you need Property Management. After all, you live just a few blocks away; wouldn’t it be just as easy for you to manage it yourself?
Here are a few important questions to consider if you are thinking about managing your own property.
- Do you have the time to manage your property?
- Are you close enough to respond quickly if there is an emergency?
- Are you available to show the property everyday, when there is a vacancy?
- Do you have Written Screening Criteria?
- What questions do you ask of employers and previous landlords?
- Do you have access to credit reports?
- Do you know enough about the Laws pertaining to Tenant’s Rights and Fair Housing?
- Do you know what to look for on a tenant application?
- Do you have access to Rental Contracts?
- Do you know the Federal Laws that apply to Lead-based Paint and other Disclosure requirements?
- Do you know what to do if the tenant does not pay the rent?
- Do you know who to call for the best rates on maintenance?
- Do you know the strict laws governing Security Deposits?
- What action should you take if the tenant moves before the lease expires?
- Do you have access to legal advice on landlord/tenant law?
If you were able to answer yes to most of the questions above, then you might be ready to manage your own property. If not, you need to look for East Bay property management. Give us a call to discuss the services we provide to help keep you in compliance with all laws and make your investment more profitable.